Wagyu Beef Sugo di Carne with Penne Pasta.
You can cook Wagyu Beef Sugo di Carne with Penne Pasta using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wagyu Beef Sugo di Carne with Penne Pasta
- It’s 5 LB of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Top Round Roast (cut into 2-inch cubes).
- It’s 1 CUP of Butter (divided).
- It’s 4 TBSP of Grapeseed Oil (divided).
- It’s 1 BOTTLE of Chianti.
- It’s 2 of Large Red Onions (julienned).
- You need 2 of Large Shallots (julienned).
- It’s 10 of Garlic Cloves (peeled and smashed).
- It’s 40 OZ of CAN Peeled San Marzano Tomatoes (with juice).
- Prepare 2 CUP of Brewed Espresso.
- You need 1 CUP of Beef Stock.
- It’s 3 TSP of Kosher Salt (divided).
- It’s 1 TSP of Freshly Ground Black Pepper (divided).
- Prepare of Pasta.
- It’s 3 LB of Penne Pasta (cooked per package instructions).
- It’s of For Serving.
- Prepare 8 OZ of Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese (grated).
- Prepare of Fresh Parsley Leaves (minced).
Wagyu Beef Sugo di Carne with Penne Pasta step by step
- PREPARING THE BRAISED FULLBLOOD WAGYU BEEFHeat your large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cut your Fullblood Wagyu top round roast into 2-inch cubes.Season the beef with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil and a 1/4 cup of butter to the Dutch oven. Once the butter is melted, work in batches and brown the beef cubes for 3 minutes on each side. You want to get deep caramelization. Once the beef is seared, remove it from the Dutch oven..
- Set it aside, and deglaze the pan with 1 cup of Chianti. Once the Chianti is almost dissolved, add in 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil and a 1/4 cup of butter. Sear the second batch of beef cubes. Once all of the beef cubes are browned and set aside, deglaze the pan with another cup of the Chianti. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to get up any pieces on the bottom. Add in a 1/4 cup of butter, the julienned red onions, and the julienned shallots..
- Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons kosher salt and a 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. Cook down for 5 minutes. Stir in the peeled and smashed garlic, peeled San Marzano tomatoes (with the juice), brewed espresso, beef stock, re-maining Chianti, 1 teaspoons kosher salt, and a 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.Bring up to a simmer, and add in the seared Fullblood Wagyu beef. Lower the heat to low, and place lid on the Dutch oven..
- Let the beef braise for 4 hours on low heat, while stirring occasionally.Once the beef has braised, use a slotted spoon to remove the beef from the Dutch oven. Place the beef into a medium size bowl.Reserve the braising liquid/tomato sauce. This will be used later.Using two forks, shred the beef. Reserve.
- PREPARING THE BRAISING LIQUID/TOMATO SAUCE Working in batches, fill your blender up half way with the braising liquid/tomato sauce. Remove the center of the blender lid to vent, and place a dishtowel over the vent (to stop splattering). Blend the braising liquid until smooth. Repeat the process until all of the braising liquid has been blended.Place the blended braising liquid/tomato sauce, shredded Fullblood Wagyu beef, and remaining 1/2 cup of butter in the Dutch oven..
- Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat on low while you make the penne pasta and grate the cheese.
- FINAL STEPS Cook the penne pasta per package instructions.Once the pasta is cooked to al dente, drain off the water. Fold the pasta into the tomato sauce and shredded Fullblood Wagyu beef. Top with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and minced parsley.Serve hot, and enjoy!.