Steak Fajita Nachos.
You can cook Steak Fajita Nachos using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steak Fajita Nachos
- You need 1 large of white sweet onion.
- It’s 2 large of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of flat iron steak.
- It’s 1 bag of of nacho chips.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of minced dehydrated garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of mexican oregano.
- It’s 1 small of lime.
- You need 1 packages of queso jalepeno melting cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
Steak Fajita Nachos step by step
- preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl.
- Slice onions and bell pepper set aside..
- Use 3/4 of dry mixture as rub for steak..
- Sear steak in hot well oiled skillet on both sides for approx. 3-4 or until a nice caramelized brown color.Set aside to rest before slicing.
- In same pan used to sear steak sautee onions and peppers with olive or vegetable oil. sprinkle remaining dry ingredients throughout cooking process. Remove from heat when onions are translucent but still somewhat crisp.
- Slice steak in thin 3/4 in slices against the grain and add back to pan and sautee until cooked to desired length..
- add the vegetables back into pan with steak and toss together. squeeze the juice of half of the lime over mixture.
- in microwave add cheese cubed and milk in bowl. melt and stir . all microwaves are different so I suggest watching cheese carefully and cook in 40 second increments until melted smooth.
- assemble chips on oven safe plates or large platter. Spoon Fajita mixture over chips and top with melted cheese.
- bake in oven for 5-8 minutes only. Just to warm the chips..
- with the juice of the other half of lime can be combined with sour cream and diced chives for a nice fresh topping for Fajita Nachos.