Egg Whites & Almond Cakes with Coffee Butter Cream.
You can cook Egg Whites & Almond Cakes with Coffee Butter Cream using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egg Whites & Almond Cakes with Coffee Butter Cream
- Prepare 4 of Egg Whites.
- You need 1/3 cup of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Self-Raising Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup (100 g) of Almond Meal.
- It’s of <Coffee Butter Cream>.
- Prepare 30 g of Unsalted Butter *softened.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Instant Coffee *mixed with 1 teaspoon Hot Water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Rum *OR Bourbon, Brandy, etc.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Icing Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Milk *only if required.
Egg Whites & Almond Cakes with Coffee Butter Cream instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. *Note: Today I used a non-stick Macaron pan..
- Combine Self-Raising Flour and Almond Meal in a large bowl..
- In a separate bowl, beat Egg Whites, using an electric mixer, until soft peaks form. Gradually add Caster Sugar, beating well, until thick and glossy and Sugar is well dissolved. Gradually fold in Flour mixture and gently combine..
- Place heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture on the baking paper and form discs 5-6cm in diameter and 8mm thick. Using a piping bag is another method. *Note: This mixture won’t expand. You only need minimum space between each..
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- To make Coffee Butter Cream, mix all ingredients except Milk. If the cream is too thick, add a small amount of Milk. Mix well until smooth..
- Sandwich the cream with 2 cakes..