You can have Chicken Piccata using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Piccata
- It’s of 4oz skinned, boned chicken breast halves.
- It’s of all purpose flour.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need of butter or stick margarine, divided.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of dry white wine, divided (or vermouth).
- You need of fresh lemon juice (1 Tb lemon peel).
- Prepare of capers.
- Prepare of chopped fresh flat leaf parsley.
- You need of hot cooked linguine (about 8 oz uncooked pasta).
Chicken Piccata step by step
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap, flatten to 1/4 in thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pic..
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, dredge chicken in flour mixture..
- Heat 1 tsp butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned..
- Add 3/4 cup wine, juice, and capers in pan, scraping pan to loosen brown bits and cook 2 minutes..
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. Stir in 3/4 cup wine, and cook over high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in 1 Tb butter and parsley. Serve chicken over linguine. Drizzle with sauce..