Affogato coffee dessert with caramel sauce. Affogato – the ultimate Italian summer dessert! This easy coffee drink or dessert is bound to become a favorite! For my affogato recipe, you'll need strong coffee or espresso, caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.
Let see the video and try it. I took some liberties with my affogato dessert! In this amped up and veganized version, I made luscious salted Caramel – ridiculously easy and fast to make, this caramel sauce is for those days you are feeling extra indulgent. You can have Affogato coffee dessert with caramel sauce using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Affogato coffee dessert with caramel sauce
- Prepare 2 scoops of butter scotch icecream or (any flavoured).
- You need 2 tbsp of caramel sauce.
- It’s 2 shots of brewed coffee.
- You need of Some chocolate shaving for garnishing.
- Prepare of For caramel sauce-.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar / granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of salted butter.
You can buy a container of vegan. Affogato Coffee Ice Cream is an easy Italian dessert. Affogato means "drowned" in Italian and it is essentially drowning ice cream in coffee. The hot coffee starts to melt the ice cream and forms a thick foam at the top.
Affogato coffee dessert with caramel sauce step by step
- First to make caramel sauce – add a brown sugar or granulated sugar in a saucepan, and give it a little shake so the sugar lays flat in an even layer. Turn the heat low to medium and cook (do not stir) until the sugar dissolves completely.Once the caramel has gotten a golden color, turn off the heat and immediately add the heavy cream to it..
- Now add butter and continue stirring until the caramel has an even texture. caramel sauce is ready..
- In a pan add around 1cup of water and let it come to a boil.now add instant coffee and stir well. switch off the flame and strain..
- For serving – pour 2tbsp of caramel sauce in serving glass. Now add 2 scoops of butter scotch ice cream(or any flavoured icecream of your choice).
- Now Pour over 2 shots of hot espresso or strong brewed coffee, Add desired toppings (grated chocolate)and serve immediately..
An Italian coffee-based dessert that is translated to "drowned". There are various ways to make it, some with liqueur, others with a creamy dessert sauce. For this recipe, I went with an easy Homemade Sea Salt Caramel Sauce that is to die for. I made affogato for the first time a couple of. Affogato is a delicious dessert perfect for hot summer days.