Affogato / Ice Cream With Coffee. Affogato Coffee Ice Cream is a classy Summer treat. It looks and tastes fancy but takes seconds to. In this video I show you how to make affogato.
For extra flavor, top the ice cream with chocolate or caramel Turn your classic cup of coffee into an indulgent ice cream treat – in just seconds! Simply pour bold-tasting Café GOYA® over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. If you love coffee, dessert drinks don't get much better than the affogato, a caffeine-infused Italian treat made by pouring a shot of espresso over a small scoop of ice cream. You can have Affogato / Ice Cream With Coffee using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Affogato / Ice Cream With Coffee
- Prepare of VANILLA ICE CREAM OPTION 1.
- Prepare 1 small of cup of vanilla ice cream.
- It’s of COCONUT ICE CREAM COMBO 2.
- You need 1 large of scoop of coconut ice cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Espresso or any strong black coffee.
- Prepare of OPTIONAL ADD ON.
- It’s 2 tbsp of kahlua milk or bailey or amarula.
The chilled sugar and milk cut the bitterness of the coffee, which in turn melts the ice cream, giving it a silkier, more sippable texture. Several hours in advance, lay ice cream on a freezer-proof tray and put the tray back in the freezer. Serve straight away, stirring the vanilla ice cream into the hot coffee so that it melts a little. An affogato or more traditionally known as "affogato al caffe" (Italian for "drowned") is an Italian coffee-based dessert.
Affogato / Ice Cream With Coffee instructions
- VANILLA ICE CREAM OPTION 1 ……put ice cream on a plate then top hot coffee with optional add on of kahlua milk , then enjoy.
- COCONUT ICE CREAM OPTION 2 …..Scoop the coconut ice cream onto an ice cream cup then put a shot of espresso and enjoy immediately.
It usually takes the form of a scoop of unflavoured (fior di latte) or vanilla gelato or ice cream topped or "drowned" with a shot of hot espresso. (Affogato al Caffè ). The authentic affogato combines two Italian classics: a shot of freshly brewed espresso and a scoop of vanilla or fior di latte gelato. Affogato translates as drowned, referring to the preparation process in which steaming espresso is generously poured over a scoop of gelato. This simple but elegant Affogato, an Italian coffee dessert, is a showstopper! And now you can easily learn how to make an affogato coffee at home and customize it how you wish!