Japanese Chicken Katsu Curry.
You can have Japanese Chicken Katsu Curry using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Japanese Chicken Katsu Curry
- It’s of Chicken Katsu.
- Prepare of boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded flat.
- Prepare of egg, beaten.
- Prepare of flour.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- It’s of dried bread crumbs.
- You need of peanut oil.
- Prepare of Curry.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- You need of white onion, chopped.
- You need of large carrot, diced.
- It’s of garlic.
- You need of Curry Roux.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of curry powder.
- Prepare of Broth.
- Prepare of chicken stock (or 2.5cups water, 3tsp bouillon).
- You need of soy sauce.
- Prepare of honey.
- You need of Seasoning.
- Prepare of MSG (or Old Bay).
- It’s of cocoa powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- Prepare of paprika.
- You need of garam masala powder.
Japanese Chicken Katsu Curry instructions
- Sautée the onion and garlic in the vegetable oil until it yellows..
- Lower the heat, then add the carrots and let them sweat for 10 minutes..
- Mix in the curry roux and stir for one (1) minute..
- Add the broth mixture and bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered for 20 minutes..
- Stir in the seasoning until thoroughly dissolved..
- Cover the chicken in egg, then a mix of flour, salt and pepper. Finally, roll in bread crumbs until covered. Fry in a pan until golden-brown (3-4 minutes a side)..
- Serve the curry with the chicken katsu over rice!.