Swedish flat bread. Be the first to review this recipe. These Swedish flatbreads from western Sweden are especially popular among children, who love Hönö is a small island off the west coast of Sweden, a short ferry ride from Gothenburg. I learned to make Swedish Flat Bread with my boyfriend and his Dad.
Crispbread is a flat and dry type of cracker, containing mostly rye flour. Crispbreads are light and keep fresh for a very long time due to their lack of water. Crispbread is a staple food and was for a long time considered a poor man's diet. You can cook Swedish flat bread using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Swedish flat bread
- It’s 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 4 cup of milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp of dark syrup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of to 1 1/2 sticks margarine.
- It’s 1 of flour as needed white or wheat.
Form to round balls and then use a rolling pin to flatten your breads on a. Goes well with soups and cheeses. Comes out similar to Rye Crisp. I love this flat bread but I've never made it before.
Swedish flat bread step by step
- To warm water add yeast plus sugar. Next milk margarine honey syrup and salt. Add unbleached white flour or some whole wheat..
- Knead and let rise 2 hrs.
- Roll out thin and poke holes.
- Place puking stones in oven and preheat to 500.
- Slip loaf on stone for 6 min. Makes 8 loaves.
Will have to try some soon. Unlike Swedish Cracker bread, the Swedish Tunnbrod is soft and squashy – perfect for a picnic, quick lunch or breakfast. Keyword: flat bread, polar bread, swedish flat bread, thin bread, tunnbrod. I've entered my bread in several fairs and it has won every time! Orange and anise give it a subtle but wonderful flavor. —Beryl Parrott, Franklin, Manitoba.