You can have Moules Mariniere using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moules Mariniere
- You need 1 1/4 kg of mussels (debearded and cleaned).
- You need 2 of garlic cloves (crushed).
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 medium of Onion (finely chopped).
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of single cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of (finely chopped) flat leaf parsley/ + extra for sprinkling.
Moules Mariniere step by step
- Place saucepan on a medium heat with the olive oil..
- Once heated add the garlic, onion, parsley and bay leaves..
- Sauté for about 2-3 minutes..
- Then add the cream and white wine and bring to the boil. Then cover and simmer for about 5 minutes..
- Next add the mussels, cover with lid and increase heat to high cooking for 3-4 minutes. Shake pan occasionally..
- Once the mussels are cooked, uncover and stir well then remove the mussels from the pot, continue cooking the sauce on high for about 2 minutes until it has reduced slightly..
- While the sauce is cooking down, throw away any mussels that have not opened its shells..
- Check seasoning add more salt and pepper if needed..
- Strain the broth over the cooked mussels and sprinkle with the extra parsley..
- Serve immediately with some crusty bread and/ or chips..