Chicken with Flat Dumplings.
You can have Chicken with Flat Dumplings using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken with Flat Dumplings
- It’s of Chicken.
- Prepare 6 of chicken thighs boneless and skinless 3 lbs.
- You need 4 of chicken breast skin on and bone in 2-1/2 lbs.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped carrots.
- It’s 1 stick of butter divided.
- You need 2-1/2 quart of chicken broth.
- It’s As needed of salt.
- It’s As needed of ground white pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need As needed of poultry seasonings.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need of Dumplings.
- It’s 5 of jumbo eggs.
- It’s 1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need As needed of chicken broth about 1/2 cup.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter grated.
Chicken with Flat Dumplings step by step
- Heat half a stick of butter in a pot. Season the chicken with poultry seasonings, salt, and pepper. Sear the chicken 6 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside. Do in batches if you need to. Grate the butter, dice the onion and chop carrots..
- Remove the skins and bones from the breast. Shred all the chicken when cooled to the touch..
- Add the diced onion, and chopped carrots, in the pot where the chicken was seared. Season with poultry seasonings, and salt. Sauté till tender. Chop the shredded chicken and add to the carrots and onion. Add the chicken broth and rest of butter..
- Mix the flour, grated butter, and salt. Separate the yolk from the whites. Mix the yokes in the flour. Mix enough chicken broth to make a pasta dough..
- Roll it out and cut into strips. They should be about 1/4 inch thick × 1/2 inch wide × 2 inches long. Add the dumplings into the broth and allow to cook. Stir occasionally so the dumplings don't stick. Season 1/4 cup all-purpose flour with poultry seasonings, salt, and pepper..
- Add the 1/2 cup of seasoned flour. Stir often. The broth should thicken. Allow to rest 12 minutes, then serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.