Drunken Pork Chops with Espresso Glaze.
You can have Drunken Pork Chops with Espresso Glaze using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Drunken Pork Chops with Espresso Glaze
- It’s of thick cut pork chops; bone-in or boneless.
- It’s of ground allspice.
- You need of orange peel seasoning.
- It’s of onion powder.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- You need of tground coriander seed.
- Prepare of ground celery seed.
- Prepare of white pepper.
- You need of rum.
- It’s of brown sugar.
- It’s of espresso powder.
- It’s of chicken stock.
- You need of cornstarch.
- You need of cold water.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
Drunken Pork Chops with Espresso Glaze step by step
- Let pork marinate in 1/2 cup rum overnight, or for up to 48 hours..
- Pat pork dry and season with dried spices..
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saute pan. Sear pork on both sides and remove from the pan. Set pork on a baking tray and roast at 350° until pork reaches 145°-155°, until desired doneness..
- Add rum. CAUTION. Rum will burn away. Scrape the saute pan to release the fond..
- When rum is nearly evaporated, add chicken stock. Reduce by 1/2..
- Add espresso and brown sugar. Whisk..
- Whisk cornstarch and water together in a bowl. Add to saute pan while whisking..
- Bring to a boil for two minutes. Baste pork chops during last five minutes of cooking..
- Variations; Maple, shallots, cilantro, cane sugar, honey, cream, butter, cinnamon.