Jewels in the Crown.
You can have Jewels in the Crown using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jewels in the Crown
- You need of clams.
- You need of fregula.
- It’s of stem of cherry tomatoes on the vine.
- It’s of Continental salad onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare of small sprig rosemary or oregano.
- Prepare of tsps of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of freshly ground salt and black pepper or pepper of the sea.
- Prepare of small beldi preserved lemons, sliced.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, sliced thinly.
- It’s of red chilli, deseeded and finely diced.
- Prepare of (7 floz) of sparkling white wine.
- It’s of flat-leaved parsley, chopped.
- It’s of seaweed.
- You need of Greek basil or marjoram to sprinkle on top.
Jewels in the Crown instructions
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C. Clean the clams thoroughly in salt water and drain..
- Lightly drizzle the tomatoes and lemon with a little oil, top with the rosemary, lightly season with salt pepper and place on a baking tray. Bake in the oven until the tomatoes start to split and the lemons start to caramelise, around 15 minutes. Whilst the lemon and tomatoes are roasting, bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the fregula. Boil until al dente, 15-20 minutes, drain and set aside..
- Heat the remaining 2 tsps of olive oil in a large heavy pot with a lid. Gently sauté the garlic, onion and chilli for 1-2 minutes until soft but not coloured. Add the wine and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for around 5 minutes until reduced by half..
- Add the clams, cover and cook, shaking the pan occasionally until the clams are cooked, discarding any that do not open..
- Add the fregula to the pan and heat through. Finely dice the preserved lemons. Discard the rosemary and remove the tomatoes from the stalks. Add the lemon pieces and the tomatoes to the fregula and clams and stir until well-coated. If the seaweed is dried, rehydrate for a minute in boiling water. Stir through the fresh parsley, seaweed and leave for a minute or two for the fregola to absorb the flavours..
- Divide among bowls and drizzle with a little oil and fresh herbs..