Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO. Put the sausage, the rest of the creole seasoning,and the. This hearty Indiana gumbo with chicken, Italian sausage, and shrimp is a great cold weather meal. All Reviews for Shrimp and Sausage and Chicken Gumbo.
All your relatives will be wanting you to make this for family dinners! Chicken, Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo by MellinaJust a Pinch. Spicy sausage, chicken, and shrimp make it a tasty, hearty dish. You can have Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO
- It’s of boneless skinless chicken breast halves.
- Prepare of smoked sausage.
- Prepare of med shrimp deveined and peeled (doesnt go in until the end).
- You need of butter or margarine.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of onion, chopped.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- It’s of green bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- You need of stalks chopped celery.
- Prepare of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of flat leafed parsley, coarsely chopped.
- You need of hot water.
- Prepare of beef bouillon cubes.
- It’s of stewed tomatoes w/juice.
- It’s of frozen sliced okra.
- Prepare of green onions, white part as well.
- It’s of of cayenne pepper.
You'll find all of the classic ingredients here in this gumbo, including the "holy trinity" of onion, bell pepper, and celery, along with sliced okra, chicken, shrimp, spicy sausage, and a dash of cayenne pepper. This one is from 'Plantation Celebrations', the cookbook I received from the best swap partner ever, Luby, in the latest swap. The addition of the Shrimp was my idea. I really liked this recipe because there weren't a lot of spicy spices in it.
Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO instructions
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large (heavy bottomed) pot, over medium-high heat..
- Cook chicken until browned on both sides, remove..
- Cook sausage until browned on both sides, remove..
- *Roux- Sprinkle the flour over the oil, add 2 tablespoons of margarine and cook over medium-heat. Stirring constantly, until brown, about 10 minutes..
- Return the pot to low heat and melt the remaining 3 tablespoons margarine. Add onion, garlic, green pepper and celery. Cook for 10 minutes..
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, to taste and the 1/4 bunch parsley..
- Cook while stirring frequently for about 10 minutes..
- Add 5 cups of hot water and beef bouillon cubes. Whisk constantly. *for thicker gumbo, 4 cups of hot water.
- Add chicken and sausage, bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stirring occasionally..
- Add tomatoes (w/juice) and okra. Stir, then cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- Just before serving add green onions, and shrimp. Let stand 5 minutes..
- Enjoy!!! With rice or crackers, however you prefer. Or just straight up..
I like the spiciness but my husband. Chicken Shrimp Sausage Gumbo is the ultimate southern comfort food! Gumbo is a true melting pot dish. Originating in Louisiana it combines the cuisines and ingredients Add whole shrimps, heads and all. Subbing in a spicy Italian for a hot Italian sausage, or a chicken sausage for a pork sausage is.