Duck breast with chorizo cassoulet. Steps to make Duck breast with chorizo cassoulet: Score the skin of the duck breast. Season the breast with salt and pepper from both sides. Prepare all the ingredients for cassoulet; Heat up the bbq.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. I caramelised the apples in the same pan as the chorizo, just added some brown sugar. The flavours worked really well together Dry-Aged Duck Breasts with Golden Beet Panzanella. You can cook Duck breast with chorizo cassoulet using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Duck breast with chorizo cassoulet
- Prepare 2 of duck breasts.
- It’s 60 g of chorizo sausage diced.
- You need 100 ml of passata.
- Prepare 240 ml of chicken stock.
- It’s Sprig of thyme finaly chopped.
- Prepare Handful of flat leaf parsley roughly chopped.
- You need 5 of shallots sliced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 of medium carrot fine diced.
- It’s 80 ml of white wine (savignon blanc).
- You need 240 g of cannelini beans.
- You need 1 clove of crushed.
- You need of About 200 ml water.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
Duck Breast with Fresh Cherry Sauce and Confit of Guinea Hen Legs with Prunes and Honey. Chicken Thighs with Lentils, Chorizo, and Red Cassoulet with Duck Confit. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. Make Cassoulet Vert with me and my friends at Birdhorse Wines as we pair their Carignan with the dish. Get the recipe on my website.
Duck breast with chorizo cassoulet step by step
- Score the skin of the duck breast. Season the breast with salt and pepper from both sides..
- Prepare all the ingredients for cassoulet.
- Heat up the bbq. In the preheated large skillet add in diced chorizo, onions, garlic, clove, carrot and thyme. Chorizo will release the fat. Use it to sear all of the ingredients for few minutes..
- Add in white wine, chicken stock and bay leaves. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until carrots are tender adding water occasionaly. When carrots are soft remove bay leaves and add in passata and beans. Let it simmer slowly and when its ready finish with roughly chooped flat leaf parsley and set aside. Check seasoning and consistency..
- To cook the duck breast place it on pre heated Bbq skin down (medium heat). Cook it for about 7 – 9 minutes and then turn and cook for further 2 minutes. Let it rest for 5 minutes in warm place. Slice it up.
- Plate it up.
Layers of duck, two kinds of sausage, a hearty ragout, and beans make this the comfort meal to end all comfort meals. It's an occasion to break out the It's an occasion to break out the biggest pot you own. Our classic cassoulet recipe takes no shortcuts and requires a little planning, but every step is totally. However, you can cook the beans one day, then assemble the cassoulet and simmer in the slow-cooker the next. Ladle cassoulet into bowls, sprinkle equally with duck cracklings, and garnish with thyme sprigs.