Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken.
You can have Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken
- Prepare 4.5 TBSP of Granulated Sugar,.
- It’s 3 TBSP of Lee Kum Kee's Shrimp Paste,.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Tapioca Starch,.
- Prepare 3 TBSP of Rice Flour,.
- Prepare 3 TBSP of Shao Xing / Hua Diao Wine,.
- You need 3 TBSP of Oyster Sauce,.
- Prepare 3 TBSP of Light Soy Sauce,.
- You need 3 of Egg Lightly Beaten,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Prepare of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil, For Frying.
- You need Pinch of White Pepper,.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Lee Kum Kee's Plum Sauce,.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Lao Gan Ma's Chili Crisp,.
- You need Pinch of Dried Mushroom Powder,.
- Prepare 1 kg of Chicken Flats,.
Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken instructions
- In a large bowl, add sugar, shrimp paste, tapioca starch, rice flour, Shao Xing wine, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Stir to combine well and until smooth, making sure no large lumps. Add in eggs, salt, pepper and mushroom powder. Whisk until well combined..
- Add in the chicken flats. Toss and coat the chicken well with the batter. Make sure the chicken is fully submerged in the batter..
- Cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge overnight. Prepare a dutch oven with 2 inches of oil over medium heat. *To check the temperature of the oil, insert a wooden chopstick. If bubbles start to form around the chopstick, the temperature of the oil is ready for frying.*.
- Using a pair of tongs, gently drop the chicken into the oil away from you. *Do not discard the marinade.* Spoon some of the marinade over the chicken to create a crispy skirt. Deep fried until golden brown on both sides..
- Remove from heat and drain off excess oil on a wire cooling rack or on a plate lined with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix plum sauce and Lao Gan Ma's chili crisp well. This will be the dipping sauce. Serve the chicken immediately with the dipping sauce..