Grilled Kofta Kebab. SEEKH KABAB / Original Beef Kebab Recipe (fail proof). The Legend of Turkish Cuisine, Kebab Very Easy, Homemade Shish Kebab Recipe.
They are a grain-free and paleo entree for the spring grilling season. Of all these flavors and dishes, Beef Kofta is probably my favorite. Aromatic, and full of flavor, kofta kebabs always packs a mouthful of delicious meat. You can have Grilled Kofta Kebab using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Kofta Kebab
- It’s 500 gms of fresh minced mutton with fat.
- You need 1 of medium white or yellow Onion roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium white or yellow Onion roughly chopped.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Coriander leaves, stems remove.
- You need 2-3 of fresh green Chillies.
- It’s 1 slice of bread, toasted until browned and soaked in water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Arabic allspice powder,can substituted with garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika powder/red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Sumac powder/Mango powder can be substituted.
- It’s 1/4 of th teaspoon Nutmeg powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Black pepper crush.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s Little of oil to brush the grill.
- You need For of serving:.
- Prepare As required of Any kind of flat bread you like.
- It’s As required of Cucumber wedges.
- You need As required of Tomato wedges.
- It’s As required of Onion wedges.
- You need Handful of Chopped Coriander leaves.
- It’s As required of Tahini or Hummus dip.
As you probably know, kebabs simply means food on a stick. When it's put on a stick and grilled, it's a kofta kebab! Several eastern European and western Asian cultures have. Grilled Kofta Kebabs are fun and easy to make, perfect for BBQ parties all season long.
Grilled Kofta Kebab step by step
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from water when you are ready to begin..
- Toast a piece of sliced bread and soak in water for until it becomes tender. I used 3 small pieces..
- In a food processor or mincer, add in roughly chopped onion, garlic, green chillies and coriander leaves or parsley. Mince them well..
- Add the minced mutton, bread (be sure to squeeze out the water completely), and the spices. Run the processor until all is well combined forming a sticky homogeneous mixture..
- Cover and keep aside for 1/2 an hour so that all the flavours well incorporated to the meat..
- Line a big dish with cling film and make ready the skewers. I also used some iron skewers along with wooden skewers..
- Remove the meat mixture from the food processor after resting time and place in a large bowl. Take a handful portion of the meat mixture and mould it on a skewer..
- Repeat the process. For best results, make sure each kofta kebab is about 1 inch in thickness..
- Place the kofta kebabs on the lightly oiled, heated grill pan. Grill on medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on one side, turn over and grill for another 3-4 minutes. You can also grill them in the preheated oven. I don’t have grill option in my oven so used a grill pan..
- Serve the kofta kebabs immediately with your favourite bread, tahini/hummus and some cucumber, tomatoes, onions and coriander or parsley..
When I was in Istanbul kebabs were everywhere: shish kebabs: grilled chunks of meat or chicken Kofta kebabs are formed around a skewer. These Turkish kofta kebabs can be made with either. Kofta kebabs are a popular dish originating from Turkish cuisine. They are made from ground meat, including beef, lamb, mutton, or veal, and are highly spiced with traditional seasonings. Turkish Kofta Kebabs (Grilled Beef and Lamb Skewers).