Jewels in the Crown. Granada Television produced the series for the ITV network. Another NTN jewel in the crown is its news shows and own investigation projects winning them twice the national Golden Pen Award presented for outstanding merits and achievements in journalism. Особым предметом гордости "НТН" являются его новостные программы и проекты. The park is the jewel in the crown, and an important part, not only of the capital, but of national life.
Both works have a complex and unsentimental. The wonderful way in which strands of plot are woven throughout the series in new and interesting ways, the eternally memorable characters, the fascinating background of historical events, the series' sympathy to people. How to use jewel in the crown in a sentence. : something that is the most valuable, important, or admired among others of its kind He owns several successful businesses but this company is the jewel in the crown. jewel in the crown in British English. the most valuable, esteemed, or successful person or thing of a number. jewel in the crown. You can cook Jewels in the Crown using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jewels in the Crown
- Prepare 600 g (1 1/2 lbs) of clams.
- Prepare 250 g (8.5 oz) of fregula.
- Prepare of stem of cherry tomatoes on the vine.
- It’s 1 of Continental salad onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare of small sprig rosemary or oregano.
- You need 3 of tsps of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of freshly ground salt and black pepper or pepper of the sea.
- Prepare 1-2 of small beldi preserved lemons, sliced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 1/2-1 of red chilli, deseeded and finely diced.
- It’s 200 ml of (7 floz) of sparkling white wine.
- Prepare 1 handful of flat-leaved parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of seaweed.
- It’s of Greek basil or marjoram to sprinkle on top.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Also aired in Canada and the States. In the first two episodes, a recently arrived young British woman, Daphne Manners (portrayed by Susan Wooldridge), becomes romantically involved with a British-raised Indian man, Hari Kumar (Art Malik), in grave violation of the prevailing social norms. After engaging in a public tryst, the couple is set upon.
Jewels in the Crown step by step
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C. Clean the clams thoroughly in salt water and drain..
- Lightly drizzle the tomatoes and lemon with a little oil, top with the rosemary, lightly season with salt pepper and place on a baking tray. Bake in the oven until the tomatoes start to split and the lemons start to caramelise, around 15 minutes. Whilst the lemon and tomatoes are roasting, bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the fregula. Boil until al dente, 15-20 minutes, drain and set aside..
- Heat the remaining 2 tsps of olive oil in a large heavy pot with a lid. Gently sauté the garlic, onion and chilli for 1-2 minutes until soft but not coloured. Add the wine and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for around 5 minutes until reduced by half..
- Add the clams, cover and cook, shaking the pan occasionally until the clams are cooked, discarding any that do not open..
- Add the fregula to the pan and heat through. Finely dice the preserved lemons. Discard the rosemary and remove the tomatoes from the stalks. Add the lemon pieces and the tomatoes to the fregula and clams and stir until well-coated. If the seaweed is dried, rehydrate for a minute in boiling water. Stir through the fresh parsley, seaweed and leave for a minute or two for the fregola to absorb the flavours..
- Divide among bowls and drizzle with a little oil and fresh herbs..
The Crown Jewels, part of the Royal Collection, are the most powerful symbols of the British Monarchy and hold deep religious and cultural significance in our nation's history. The mystique and beauty of the diamonds and precious jewels in the royal regalia have always held an unparalleled allure to visitors. What are another words for Jewel in the crown? The title of the book, The Jewel in the Crown, comes from a painting that Miss Crane uses to teach her students English. The painting depicts Queen Victoria on the throne of India, receiving the homage of.