Quick smokey cod, greens and orzo. Quick smokey cod, greens and orzo. chunky cod (or white fish) fillets (if not chunky, reduce fish cooking time by a couple of mins)•onion•chipotle paste•smoke paprika•vegetable stock•orzo (I added some trofie to make up the weight – didn't have enough orzo)•Large Handful frozen peas•tenderstem. Enjoy this easy, speedy cod, broccoli and orzo traybake on busy weeknights. It's healthy and low in fat, and since it's a traybake, there's minimal washing-up!
Add the greens and toss well to wilt. When just softened, add the orzo pasta and heat through. Season to taste with salt and black. You can cook Quick smokey cod, greens and orzo using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick smokey cod, greens and orzo
- It’s 2 of chunky cod (or white fish) fillets (if not chunky, reduce fish cooking time by a couple of mins).
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 1 tsp of chipotle paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoke paprika.
- You need 500 ml of vegetable stock.
- You need 200 g of orzo (I added some trofie to make up the weight – didn’t have enough orzo).
- You need of Large Handful frozen peas.
- Prepare 250 g of tenderstem broccoli.
- Prepare of Juice and zest of 1 lemon.
- You need 15 g of flat leaf parsley (finely chopped).
- Prepare 15 g of fresh basil (finely chopped).
- Prepare of Cayenne pepper.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of Seasoning.
Quick & easy blue smokey eye makeup tutorial Preheat the broiler with the oven rack in the upper third. Add tomatoes and their liquid, breaking them up with a spoon. Cook orzo in large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite (al dente), stirring occasionally.
Quick smokey cod, greens and orzo instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (200 if not fan assisted). Then finely chop the onion..
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in an oven proof pan and fry the onion for 5 mins..
- Then add the chipotle, smoked paprika, broccoli, pasta and veg stock. Mix together and put in the oven for 10 minutes..
- Remove from the oven. Add the herbs, lemon zest and peas. Mix together. Then add the fish fillets to the mixture. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, black pepper, a very light dusting of cayenne pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes..
- Remove from the oven. Squeeze half the lemon over the top of the mixture and serve..
Season soup to taste with salt and It always graces any holiday dinner table. We've always just called it escarole soup, though some years when escarole couldn't be found it was made. Pull up the colander insert, draining the orzo but KEEP THE COOKING WATER. I like to do this in the bottom of the serving dish I'll eventually be using. Combine with orzo as soon as it's out of the water.