Katayef with Nuts filling.
You can cook Katayef with Nuts filling using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Katayef with Nuts filling
- Prepare of For the dough:.
- You need of white flour, sifted.
- You need of fine semolina.
- You need of liquid milk.
- You need of instant yeast.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of vanilla powder.
- You need of salt.
- You need of Warm water as needed for the dough.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- It’s of seedless raisins.
- Prepare of walnut, coarsely grinded.
- You need of almonds roasted and coarsely grinded.
- Prepare of hazelnut roasted and coarsely grinded.
- It’s of peanuts roasted and coarsely grinded.
- Prepare of Coconut grated fine.
- Prepare of white sugar fine-grained.
- You need of cinnamon powder.
- You need of For surface buttering:.
- You need of unsalted melted butter.
- Prepare of For Baking tray buttering:.
- You need of unsalted soft butter.
- Prepare of For the syrup:.
- It’s of white sugar.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of fresh lemon juice.
- You need of Requirements: Thick ,flat & non-adherent pan.
Katayef with Nuts filling step by step
- First, prepare syrup in the usual way, boil water and sugar together for 7 minutes, then add the lemon juice and let it boil 3 minutes. Remove from the fire and let it cool completely.
- Mix the dough ingredients all together except water and then add the water gradually until you compose a dense liquid dough. Then cover it and leave an hour in a warm place to rest..
- Heat the thick pan over high heat and then reduce the fire to low. Pour half a cup of the dough into the pan to form the desired size circle and leave two minutes to the surface to dry. Remove from the pan and put them on a piece of cloth to cool down and so on until you finish the quantity..
- Mix all the filling ingredients together and then fill katayef with appropriate quantity of nuts mix. Close them to make a half circle..
- Stuffed katayef are placed apparted in the buttered baking tray and then butter katayef from both sides with melted butter.
- Heat the oven at 240 degree Celsius with the heat from bottom and top. Place the try on the middle shelf for 30 minutes until done..
- Pour the cold syrup on hot karayef then serve hot or cold.