Gochujang & Hoisin Chicken Fusion Burger 🍔. This article is part of a series on. Korean cuisine한국 요리조선 료리. v. t. e. Gochujang (/ˈkɔːtʃuːdʒæŋ/, from Korean: 고추장; gochu-jang, [ko.tɕʰu.dʑaŋ]) or red chili paste is a savory, sweet, and spicy fermented condiment popular in Korean cooking.
Spicy Maeil Gochujang Seasoning Sauce [ Korean Pantry ] Sweet Fermented Chili Pepper Paste, Perfect Jang. Gochujang is a staple in Korean cooking and one of our favorite condiments to have on hand. It's the bright red paste found in everything from bibimbap to dukbokki (stir-fried. You can cook Gochujang & Hoisin Chicken Fusion Burger 🍔 using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gochujang & Hoisin Chicken Fusion Burger 🍔
- You need 1 of chicken breast butterflied out flat, trimmed of fat,.
- It’s of For the chicken coating:.
- You need 3 tbsp of plain flour,.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornflour,.
- It’s 1 tbsp of firecracker seasoning powder, (I used Sun Wah brand),.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper,.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt,.
- Prepare of For the sticky glaze:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Gochujang paste,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hoisin sauce,.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of runny honey,.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic paste,.
- Prepare of Other:.
- You need of Brioche bun,.
- It’s 2 of sliced spring onions,.
- Prepare of Shredded gem lettuce,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of light mayo.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for frying.
Want to try making Gochujang at home? Well, here's my full step-by-step video WITH my commentary. My homemade Gochujang recipe is one of my most popular post on my blog and finally I can show. Gochujang 고추장 is a Korean red pepper paste made from fermented soybean, chili powder, glutinous rice, malt powder, and salt.
Gochujang & Hoisin Chicken Fusion Burger 🍔 step by step
- Preheat your oven to 180 (fan). Add enough oil to a large saucepan to shallow fry the chicken and heat up over a high heat..
- On a plate add the ingredients for the chicken coating and mix. Take the butterflied chicken breast and dredge it into the flour mix until completely coated..
- Once the oil is nice and hot, so if you add a pinch of flour in it sizzles and floats to the top quickly, add in the chicken and begin to fry. Whilst that is frying add all the glaze ingredients to a bowl and combine. Turn the chicken and once crispy and golden on both sides transfer it to a wire rack over a foil lined baking tray then bake on the middle shelf for 10 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and brush over the glaze until the chicken is covered then bake for a further 5-10 mins until completely cooked through..
- Lightly toast your brioche bun and begin to build the burger. Spread light mayo on both pieces of the bun then add lettuce to the base. Top with the glazed chicken then sliced spring onions. Crown with the other bit of the bun. Eat and enjoy! :).
It's been a staple in Korean cooking for centuries and comes in different. Gochujang Jjigae – when's the last time you've opened up that tub of gochujang paste? Chances are – its been patiently waiting in the back of your refrigerator. Gochujang is a fermented Korean condiment made with red chili, glutinous rice, fermented soybeans and salt. The mixture is used in some popular Korean dishes including bulgogi.