You can cook Flat bread using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Flat bread
- You need 500 g of x strong white flour.
- You need 2 of x tsp table salt.
- You need 7 g of x dried yeast.
- Prepare 3 of x tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 300 ml of x warm water.
- It’s 2 of x tsp mixed seeds (opt).
Flat bread step by step
- Add approximately half of the flour into a mixing bowl then add the yeast, seeds and water.
- Mix with a spoon for 1 or 2 minutes until you have a wet sticky dough, cover with cling film and leave to rest for 20 minutes. It will prove a little and develop flavour at this stage, then mix in the olive oil and salt..
- Knead the sticky dough with the remaining flour for 5 – 10 minutes until you have a slightly tacky and elastic dough. Test by pressing down and it should should bounce slowly back..
- Oil a bowl, add the dough and turn over to evenly cover the surface, cover with cling film and leave to double in size. Knock back the dough and reform into an even ball..
- Cut the formed dough in half then quarters then each of those in half to have 8 even portions..
- Roll out each piece of dough to a rough disc shape and between 1/4 and 1/2 cm thickness (consider the size of the heavy frying pan you have) Dust each disc with flour and stack them up. Heat the skillet or pan until it is almost smoking hot and place in the first flatbread..
- Dry fry each bread until the surface bubbles, then flip over and brown the other side, each side should have about 3 minutes cooking (you can turn them several times) Have a plate and clean T towel to the side and when each bread is cooked place on the plate and cover with the towel, this will enable the breads to remain soft as they steam..
- These flat breads are best served the day they're made but you can wrap and freeze. I like mine with dips like hummus or used as a wrap for a chicken kebab.Feel free to watch my youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOrx-Ju1oos.