Chicken Piccata. Piccata describes meat, usually veal or chicken, that is sliced, dredged in flour, browned, then served in a sauce containing lemon juice, butter, and capers. Piccata is an Italian word spelled sometimes as picatta or pichotta. The culinary use of the Italian term means "to be pounded flat".
The reason you cut the chicken breast into thin pieces is so that they. Today I would like to share with you my Chicken Piccata recipe. Season chicken with salt and pepper. You can have Chicken Piccata using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Piccata
- Prepare 4 of 4oz skinned, boned chicken breast halves.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of butter or stick margarine, divided.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of dry white wine, divided (or vermouth).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice (1 Tb lemon peel).
- It’s 2 tbsp of capers.
- You need 1/2 of chopped fresh flat leaf parsley.
- Prepare 4 cup of hot cooked linguine (about 8 oz uncooked pasta).
Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess. When it comes to boneless skinless chicken breasts, people tend to either love 'em or hate 'em. For those in the latter group, this chicken piccata recipe is here to convert you. Chicken piccata is an Italian-American staple beloved for its piquant flavors cradled in a silky, butter-rich pan sauce It also doesn't hurt that it cooks up very quickly This version is mostly traditional except.
Chicken Piccata step by step
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap, flatten to 1/4 in thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pic..
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, dredge chicken in flour mixture..
- Heat 1 tsp butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned..
- Add 3/4 cup wine, juice, and capers in pan, scraping pan to loosen brown bits and cook 2 minutes..
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. Stir in 3/4 cup wine, and cook over high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in 1 Tb butter and parsley. Serve chicken over linguine. Drizzle with sauce..
Chicken Piccata is an easy one-pan chicken dinner in a light lemon sauce. Watch the video tutorial below and this may just become your new favorite chicken recipe! This post may contain affiliate links. Chicken Piccata is an Italian chicken dish served in a lemon, wine, butter sauce with capers and parsley. This recipe is also great with fish if you need a recipe the kids will love, try Flounder Picatta.