You can have Meatloaf using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf
- It’s 1 cup of fine fresh bread crumbs (from 2 slices firm white sandwich bread).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 of medium red bell pepper, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice.
- It’s 1/4 pound of bacon (about 4-6 slices), chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef chuck.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ground pork (not lean).
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/3 cup of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley.
- You need of Garnish: cooked bacon.
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle..
- Soak bread crumbs in milk in a large bowl..
- Meanwhile, cook onion, garlic, pepper in butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low, then cook until pepper is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, allspice, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper. Add to bread-crumb mixture..
- Finely chop bacon, then add to onion mixture along with beef, pork, eggs, and parsley and mix together with your hands..
- Pack mixture into a 9- by 5-inch oval loaf in a 13- by 9-inch shallow baking dish or pan..
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center of meatloaf registers 155°F, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Let stand 10 minutes before serving..