You can cook Mama's Lasagna using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mama's Lasagna
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 1/2 lb of ground sweet Italian sausage.
- It’s 2 of large white onions (chopped).
- Prepare 10-12 cloves of (Lots) garlic (minced).
- You need 28 oz of canned whole tomatoes.
- You need 1 qt of milk.
- You need 3 slices of Velveeta cheese.
- Prepare 6 of provolone cheese slices.
- Prepare 2 cups of Italian 5 cheese blend (shredded).
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- It’s Handful of rosemary.
- It’s of About less than half handful sage.
- You need 2 of boxes flat lasagna noodles.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 of full sticks of butter.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of tbls ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 of chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 of tbls ground nutmeg.
- It’s of salt.
Mama's Lasagna instructions
- Meat sauce: -put ROSEMARY and SAGE in herb net -Put some oil and butter in pot and saute ONION and GARLIC -add SAUSAGE and BEEF; brown -blend TOMATOES; add to pot -add 1tsp BLACK PEPPER, 1tbls CINNAMON, 1tsp SUGAR, 1/2 BOUILLON to pot -add ROSEMARY and SAGE in net to the pot -simmer until most of the water cooks off -add 3 slices VELVEETA -remove from heat and set aside.
- Butter sauce: -in another pot, melt 3tbls BUTTER -add quart of MILK, bring to simmer -add 3/4tbls NUTMEG -add 1/2tsp SALT -add 1/2tsp PEPPER -slowly add FLOUR to thicken (be careful!).
- Noodles: -boil water, oil, and salt -get 2 large bowls; one w/ ice water, other w/water and a little oil -boil the noodles just maybe 2 at a time. Careful not to let them break or stick to each other -remove noodle, place in ice to cool(and rinse), then in oil/water mix. -place noodle on dry towel and pat dry as you go. *NOT A GOOD IDEA to do all noodles at the same time. They will dry up while your trying to make your layers. Make them as you go..
- Layer and bake: -in a large dish, spoon out MEAT SAUCE and BUTTER SAUCE on the bottom and coat the bottom of dish -add layer of cooked noodles ask the way to edges -add another coat of SAUCES -add just one type of CHEESE. -repeat steps while alternating CHEESE types between layers. Make sure you have enough SAUCES and CHEESE to go on top! *this should be enough ingredients to make 4 layers of noodles, which includes the bottom one. -cover with foil and bake at 350° for about 40 minutes. You can uncover for the last 5-10 minutes if you like the "crunch", but I don't. -take out, uncover, and let sit for 5-8 minutes to allow for easier cutting/serving and a better presentation. —>this is a cheesy, gooey, fattening, greasy, delicious, and special meal. You can adjust by browning and draining meat, using butter substitute, and low fat cheeses..