Affogato Coffee Ice cream. Affogato Coffee Ice Cream is a classy Summer treat. It looks and tastes fancy but takes seconds to. In this video I show you how to make affogato.
Affogato means "drowned" in Italian and it is essentially drowning ice cream in coffee. The hot coffee starts to melt the ice cream and forms a thick foam at the top. Affogato is an Italian ice cream and coffee dessert! You can cook Affogato Coffee Ice cream using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Affogato Coffee Ice cream
- Prepare 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Coffee powder (Expresso).
- Prepare 1 cup of hot water.
- Prepare as needed of Chocolate chips or shavings for garnish.
- It’s as required of Hazelnuts or any other Nuts of your choice.
Affogato – the ultimate Italian summer dessert! This easy coffee drink or dessert is bound to become a favorite! For my affogato recipe, you'll need strong coffee or espresso, caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. The hot coffee slowly melts the cold ice cream, creating a creamy, sweet coffee float.
Affogato Coffee Ice cream instructions
- Mix together coffee and hot water. Place two scoops of ice cream on a serving glass. Add the coffee and garnish with some nuts and chocolate pieces..
- If you are not a coffee lovers or want to make for kids, make chocolate drink with chocolate powder and water and sugar and assemble in the same way..
For extra flavor, top the ice cream with chocolate or caramel Turn your classic cup of coffee into an indulgent ice cream treat – in just seconds! Simply pour bold-tasting Café GOYA® over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Just before serving, scoop ice cream into four small bowls or large coffee cups. Divide liqueur among four small glasses, if using; serve liqueur and espresso alongside each bowl, and let each person pour them over the ice cream. An affogato or more traditionally known as "affogato al caffe" (Italian for "drowned") is an Italian coffee-based dessert.