spicy shrimp and grits. Spicy Shrimp and Grits. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Shrimp and grits is a traditional dish in the Lowcountry of the coastal Carolinas and Georgia. It is a traditional breakfast dish, though many consider it more of a lunch or supper dish.
Bobby Flay takes Southern-style Shrimp and Grits to the next level by adding sharp cheddar, bacon and lime juice in this easy recipe from Food Network. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well. Grits, the Southern version of polenta, can be dressed up or down in countless ways. You can cook spicy shrimp and grits using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of spicy shrimp and grits
- Prepare of Grits.
- You need 2 cup of light cream.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow corn grits, uncooked.
- It’s of Shrimp.
- Prepare 1 medium of red pepper, julienned.
- It’s 1 medium of yellow pepper, julienned.
- It’s 2 medium of shallots, sliced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of smoked sausage, diced.
- Prepare 6 slice of bacon, uncooked, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 lb of shrimp, deveined, shelled.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white wine.
- It’s of Garnish.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flat parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 2 stick of scallions, sliced.
But our favorite way to serve them is with a classic accompaniment of New Orleans-style spicy shrimp. Gradually whisk in the grits and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally. Spicy, sausage-studded and piquant shrimp over creamy savory corn grits is the dish I make most often when I'm homesick for the South.
spicy shrimp and grits instructions
- Cook sausage in water on medium high heat in a sautee pan, covered. Once the water is evaporated, remove cover and brown for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside..
- In same pan add bacon. Cook until all bacon fat is rendered. Remove bacon from pan and set aside. Keep grease in pan..
- Add peppers, shallots and garlic. Sautee for a few minutes. Add seasonings and chili paste. Cook another minute..
- Add shrimp and cook until they turn pink. About 2 minutes. Add wine and then deglaze. Add sausage and bacon back to pan. Cook for another minute or two..
- Meanwhile, bring water and cream to a boil. Add salt and stir in grits. Cover and turn heat down to low. Cook grits for about five minutes or until done. Perhaps stir once in between the time to prevent lumps..
- Serve the shrimp on top of the grits with the garnish on the very top. Enjoy!.
Shrimp and grits is good no matter which way you serve it. No such thing as too much cheese. Get the recipe from Recipe Girl. This spicy shrimp and grits recipe was very necessary after a hectic weekend. I needed a little reminder of my vacay with the ladies.