Southern fried squash. You don't have to "deep-fry" squash to call it Southern-Fried. I'll show you how to fry yellow squash without a lot of oil. Southern Fried Squash Recipe is a tried and true favorite.
You might know this vegetable as yellow squash (usually right next to zucchini in the grocery store). … Southern Fried Squash Recipe – You'll need these ingredients.. Wash the squash under cold Fried Squash are another great Southern favorite food. Summer squash is always very plentiful in. You can cook Southern fried squash using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern fried squash
- You need of Flour.
- Prepare of Corn meal.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Garlic.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Yellow Squash.
- It’s of A splash of milk.
- It’s of Egg.
- You need of A splash of milk.
- Prepare of Flour.
Very simple to make but not lacking in flavor yellow fried squash. Straight from the garden great way to fix these up. all you need is squash eggs salt. Southern Fried Squash ingredients, recipe directions, nutritional information and rating. Fried squash is a classic southern side dish that uses garden-fresh yellow and zucchini squash.
Southern fried squash instructions
- Mix all dry ingredence in bowl.
- Mix egg and milk in another bowl..
- Slice squash in thin slices.
- Dip squash in egg batter first then in flour mixture. Make sure you get as much of the flour and cornmeal to stick on as possible.
- Then pan fry at high heat till golden brown..
- Instead of salt and seasonings add 1Tbsp out your favorite cajun seasoning if you would like it more spicy..
The key to great fried squash is having a good, flavorful breading that sticks and yields a crisp, outer. This Simple Southern Fried squash is a little like vegetable candy! So yummy, so perfect, and you can't eat just a few pieces. Fresh butternut squash cut into thick slices, dipped in an egg milk batter and dredged in cornmeal I had never fried squash before and this turned out great. I used fresh yellow squash out of my dad's.