(American) Goulash. American goulash, sometimes called slumgullion, is an American comfort food dish, similar to American chop suey. American goulash is usually referred to in the midwestern and southern United States as simply "goulash". American Goulash is a classic American comfort food popular in the mid-western and southern parts of the United States.
This American goulash recipe doesn't have much in common with its Hungarian namesake. This classic American Goulash is easy, home-style, comfort food! Perfect for feeding a crowd or hungry family. You can have (American) Goulash using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of (American) Goulash
- It’s of lbs. ground beef.
- Prepare of large yellow onion.
- It’s of can tomato soup.
- Prepare of elbow macaroni.
American goulash, also known as old-fashioned goulash, is the perfect economical family meal. The pasta cooks right in the sauce, so this satisfying dish can cook in just one pot. American Goulash is comfort food that the whole family will love. It's warm and hearty with a rich, savory sauce.
(American) Goulash step by step
- Heat pot of water to a boil.
- Brown beef in skillet and drain grease.
- Cook elbow macaroni once water comes to a boil.
- Dice onions and add to beef.
- Add tomato soup to beef and onions.
- Strain macaroni and add meat etc. to pot with macaroni.
- Stir together. Optionally serve with your choice of shredded cheese..
Best of all, it's one of the most affordable meals you can make in a single pot! American goulash is warm, comforting, and so easy to make. It combines the simple flavors of ground beef and noodles in a tangy tomato sauce, all in one pot. This cooking method infuses the noodles. American goulash is friggin great, though I make it with Worcester sauce instead of soy sauce.