California Farm Duck Breast Flambee with green peppercorn cream.
You can cook California Farm Duck Breast Flambee with green peppercorn cream using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of California Farm Duck Breast Flambee with green peppercorn cream
- Prepare 2 of duck breasts.
- You need 4 Tbs of duck fat.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of california brandy.
- You need Tbs of green peppercorns.
- You need Tbs of chopped shallots.
- You need Tsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare Tsp of tarragon.
- You need of Cost.
- You need of Whole fresh duck is $3.30/pound at the farmers market, 2 breasts are 1 1/2 pounds, about $5 for two, another dollar for the other ingredients, fabulous dinner for two for $6.
California Farm Duck Breast Flambee with green peppercorn cream step by step
- Slice duck skin between breasts, remove, pull breast back from bone while loosening with sharp knife, remove breasts..
- Marinade in brandy and shallots overnight in fridge. Turn once or twice. Dry. Sear in hot duck fat, three minutes on each side on medium. Insert knife in thick part, check for doneness, flambee with a few Tbs of brandy, then sear longer till cooked to your liking. Remove to platter..
- Add taragon and brandy shallot marinade to pan drippings, stir, add peppercorns, add heavy cream one table spoon at a time till sauce is thick..
- Put breasts on warmed platter. Taste sauce, if you like to, add salt, crumble peppercorns with wooden spoon. Serve, ladle sauce over the breasts. Serve breasts with sprinkled parsley on top. Enjoy..