American Deli-Style Marinated Sweet and Salty Tofu.
You can have American Deli-Style Marinated Sweet and Salty Tofu using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of American Deli-Style Marinated Sweet and Salty Tofu
- You need of Firm tofu (large).
- It’s of Sesame oil.
- You need of Rice vinegar.
- You need of Sugar or honey.
- It’s of Grated ginger.
- You need of Minced garlic.
- You need of Sesame seeds.
- You need of Katakuriko.
American Deli-Style Marinated Sweet and Salty Tofu instructions
- Put a weight on top of the firm tofu to drain the excess water. You can omit this step, but if you prefer tofu served with a firmer texture, I'd recommend this step..
- Cut the tofu into 2-3 cm thick triangles..
- Boil all the ingredients except for the tofu in a pan and remove from heat. Taste and if the flavor is too strong, add vinegar or some water..
- In a plastic bag, add katakuriko and tofu, and coat the tofu with katakuriko. Deep-fry the tofu over medium heat until all sides are crisp..
- Drain off any excess oil from the deep-fried tofu. Add the tofu to the pan from Step 3, and coat well with the sauce. Sprinkle on sesame seeds to garnish..