the Texans Favorite Appetizer- White Wings.
You can have the Texans Favorite Appetizer- White Wings using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of the Texans Favorite Appetizer- White Wings
- You need 9 each of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts OR.
- Prepare 50 each of Dove Breasts.
- You need 2 lb of Bacon (sliced or block to slice yourself).
- Prepare 2 lb of shredded cheese your choice.
- You need 2 lb of jalapeno or other hot pepper of choice.
- Prepare 1 of salt and coarse black pepper.
- You need 1 packages of toothpicks soaked in water.
- Prepare 1 pints of BBQ sauce of your homemade or prepared sauce.
the Texans Favorite Appetizer- White Wings step by step
- Open package of toothpicks and soak them in a container of H2O. This stops them from burning on the grill if you choose to go the BBQ route..
- Prepare either chicken breasts or dove breasts by 1.) Chicken breasts cutting the breasts into 1" x 1" cubes and pound them flat. 2.) If you're using the dove just split the breast and go to step 2..
- Bacon. Mmm mmm good bacon. Slices need to be prepped to size to wrap around the soon to be stuffed breasts. Cut the slices into three pieces until all of your bacon is sliced..
- Using gloves split your fresh peppers and take the seeds out. I prefer using them whole myself for the full flavor and spice factor. do not use pickled peppers. They'll ruin the natural flavors and will turn your filling into a mess falling out of the center leaving you with no filling..
- Julienne slice your peppers to your desired size..
- Take an open piece of the meat place the pepper slice, and cheese inside. Roll it up. Salt and pepper if you so desire..
- Now wrap a piece of the bacon around your stuffed breast meat. Hold in place with the presoaked toothpick..
- Cook on a prepared charcoal grill over med to med. high heat until the juices in the chicken or dove run clear. About three minutes per side. Its okay if the bacon burns some..
- Let cool off and pull out the toothpicks. Use your BBQ sauce as dipping sauce. Doubt you'll need it or want it though..
- OPTIONS: You may use full breast. Make it a meal. You may bake this if you want but grilling adds so much more flavor..