General Tso Chicken.
You can cook General Tso Chicken using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of General Tso Chicken
- You need 1/2 c of Chicken Broth or water (broth preferred).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1.5 Tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1.5 Tbsp of Sambal.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cornstarch + 3 Tbsp of water.
- It’s 1 lb of Chicken Breast or Thighs diced.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- It’s 1 Cup of Flour.
- It’s of Oil for (frying).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Garlic(minced).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Ginger (minced).
General Tso Chicken instructions
- Chop and Season Chicken with salt in pepper. Season flour with salt and pepper in a bag or bowl. Then toss chicken in flour mixture..
- Heat Oil to 375°F. (I use my deep fryer).
- In a small bowl combine chicken broth, sugar, sambal, Soy sauce and cornstarch water mixture..
- Fry chicken for 4-6 minutes depending on chicken size. Then drain on paper towels..
- In skillet or wok heat garlic, Ginger, chili peppers (optional) for about 1 minute. Then add sauce mixture. After heating mixture it will thicken.Now add chicken pieces to the skillet and mix in the sauce..