Homemade tomato basil soup with grilled cheese roll ups. Remove crust from bread and roll flat with a tolling pin or wine bottle. Take half a slice of American cheese and half a slice of provolone and stack cheese on top of one another only on Grill on all sides until golden brown. This is a fun way to dip grilled cheese in tomato soup.
Add chicken stock, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in cream cheese and basil. Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions. You can have Homemade tomato basil soup with grilled cheese roll ups using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade tomato basil soup with grilled cheese roll ups
- It’s of For tomato soup.
- Prepare 1 (28 ounce) of can of tomatoes either whole or diced.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken beef or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare of Salt pepper basil and italian seasoning.
- It’s of Freshly grated parmesan or asiago cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of For grilled cheese roll ups.
- It’s of Sandwich bread with crust trimmed off.
- It’s of Butter.
- You need of American cheese.
- You need of Sliced provolone cheese.
Delicious, flavorful and the best way to use up garden tomatoes! You'll never want to go back to the canned stuff after you try this. It doesn't get much better than Homemade Tomato Basil Soup with grilled cheese croutons. Delicious tomato soup with roasted tomatoes and Tomato Basil Soup.
Homemade tomato basil soup with grilled cheese roll ups instructions
- For soup in a large pot put 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat and sautee 1 small diced onion for around 3 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic and sautee for another 2 mins.
- Add in tomatoes and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add salt pepper basil and italian seasoning to taste.
- Blend in a blender until smooth but make sure to vent the top to keep from pressure build up and return to pot.
- Add heavy cream and 1/4 cup of freshly grated cheese. When cheese is melted its ready.
- Grilled cheese roll ups.
- Remove crust from bread and roll flat with a rolling pin or wine bottle.
- Take half a slice of American cheese and half a slice of provolone and stack cheese on top of one another only on one end of bread.
- Roll bread and seal end with a little bit of water to make sure it sticks..
- Put a good amount of butter in a pan on medium heat and roll bread in butter to coat all sides.
- Grill on all sides until golden brown.
- This is a fun way to dip grilled cheese in tomato soup. Enjoy !!!!.
- NOTE**** if you opt to use fresh tomatoes cut 6 to 8 tomatoes in half and place cut side down on a baking sheet lined with cooking oil. Bake on 375° for around 35 to 40 mins. Also add your chopped onion and whole garlic cloves and cook at the same time. Let tomatoes cool and peel skin off. They can all go straight into the blender at this time and finished in a pot..
This soup requires minimal ingredients but yields such amazing results! Here you combine several pounds of fresh tomatoes. [homemade] Korean bbq short ribs, grilled shrimp & octopus, and steamed Chinese broccoli. This homemade tomato basil soup recipe is destined for your regular rotation! Made with fresh basil and roasted tomatoes, it's lightly creamy and delicious. Eat half hot off the stove with a gooey grilled cheese sandwich or hunk of crusty bread.