Basic American-Style Cupcakes.
You can cook Basic American-Style Cupcakes using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basic American-Style Cupcakes
- It’s of grams/225 grams ＊Cake flour.
- You need of tablespoon/1 1/2 tablespoon ＊Baking powder.
- Prepare of teaspoon/1 pinch ＊Salt.
- You need of ☆Milk.
- You need of teaspoons/1 teaspoon ☆Vanilla extract.
- You need of grams/150 grams Sugar.
- You need of grams/110 grams Butter or margarine.
- You need of eggs /2 eggs Egg.
Basic American-Style Cupcakes step by step
- On 2/16/2011 I added the cupcake mold sizes. On 2/26 I lowered the amount of sugar from 430 g –> 300 g. For those who had already printed it out, I'm sorry!.
- Lowering the amount of sugar makes the taste more suitable for Japanese people, but to make the super sweet "American-Style Cupcakes," use the original amount of sugar..
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate cup, mix together the milk and vanilla extract..
- Thoroughly mix the sugar into the room temperature soft butter..
- Add the egg into Step 3 in 4 portions, mixing between each addition and watching that the batter doesn't separate..
- Beat the flour mixture and the milk mixture from Step 2 into 4 until there are no more lumps..
- Spread butter (not listed) or a cupcake liner into the cupcake mold..
- Fill until 80% full..
- Bake for 23~28 minutes at 175°C (360°F). If an inserted toothpick comes out clean from the center, take out and let cool on a rack for 10 minutes..
- They look like this..
- I made animal faces with icing!.
- I made a version for American Thanksgiving and Christmas..
- I used the 9 cm x 4 cm pan on the left. You can also use the 7 cm x 3 cm pan on the right to make 25~32 small cupcakes..
- On 3/4/2011 I used 240 g of sugar and 200 g of butter, but it wasn't very sweet. I have also made it without a problem with artificial sweetener..
- If you use the muffin pan on the left shown in Step 12, fill 80% of the way and they'll be the size of the large muffins sold at coffee shops..