Creamed Tuna over Southwestern Potato Cakes.
You can have Creamed Tuna over Southwestern Potato Cakes using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamed Tuna over Southwestern Potato Cakes
- Prepare of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Onion Powder.
- You need of Fresh dill, finely chopped or you can use dry dill.
- It’s of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare of small Tuna.
- It’s of – Large Potatoes, boiled and mashed.
- You need of Bacon, ctumbled.
- You need of Large Egg.
- You need of Whole or 2% Milk.
- It’s of Frozen Peas.
- You need of Baby Carrot, chopped.
- It’s of Onion, diced.
- It’s of Real unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Flour.
- It’s of Shredded cheddar Cheese for garnishing.
- Prepare of Red Bell Pepper, diced.
- It’s of Green Bell Pepper, diced.
- Prepare of Minced Garlic.
Creamed Tuna over Southwestern Potato Cakes instructions
- Wash potatoes and vegetables..
- Boil large potatoes for 25 – 30 minutes; Then completely cool down potatoes, this is important! Otherwise potatoes will fall apart when cooking them..
- Once potatoes are completely cooled down; peel and mash potatoes in a large bowl very well. Set aside..
- Chop and dice vegetables, then sauté onions, garlic and bell peppers for 3 minutes. Set aside. Seprately, sauté frozen peas and carrots for 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside..
- Cook up the bacon until crispy, put on paper towels, then crumble up and set aside..
- In a large sauce pan melt butter, then add Flour and seasonings, with wire whisk Stir until blended well, then add milk gradually as you are whisking until mixed very well. Stir continually until sauce is thickened. add more milk as needed..
- Once the sauce is done, add the sautéed peas, carrots, crumbled bacon and tuna, mix well. Set aside..
- Now, take the mashed potatoes and add sautéed onions, bell peppers, egg and salt & pepper to it and blend well enough to makes patties out of it..
- Make into 8 – 1/2 inch patties. Set aside..
- Use a Large skillet, add 2 Tbsps. butter let melt and sizzle, then add 4 patties and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove set aside and repeat it again with the other 4 patties..
- Once down cooking all the potato patties. Then reheat the sauce until desired temperature..
- On a plate you set two to three patties in a row, then slowly add 1/4 cup ofsauce on top of potatoes cakes. Garnish with shredded cheese. Enjoy!.