Mexican corn and bean chaat. The inspiration for this Mexican Corn and Bean Salad came from a recent trip that Scott and I took to Austin, Texas. In Austin, Mexican and Tex-Mex food are the "soup du jour" and tacos of all varieties are the common fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We enjoyed so much of this delicious cuisine while. #Corncups#Cornchaat#Mexicancorninacup Sweet corns are yummy and healthy kernels, that are slightly sweet in taste and gluten free.
The importance of the chile goes back to the Mesoamerican period, where it was considered to be as much of a staple as corn and beans. Our recipe with M letter under ABC series is Mexican Corn Chaat. It's a healthy version of chaat where you can use corn chips instead of Indian papri and stuff with boiled beans and chickpeas. You can have Mexican corn and bean chaat using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican corn and bean chaat
- Prepare 1 cup of American corns.
- Prepare 1 cup of red kidney beans boiled.
- Prepare 1 cup of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of tomato chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Bell pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of green chilli.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coriander leaves chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Mexican herb spiced mix.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon for lemon juice.
- Prepare As needed of Olives to garnish.
- You need as needed of Nachos to garnish.
Chuntey and curd both are used for garnishing in chaat. I love this version because of crunchiness of corn chips. Stir in corn, pepper, broth, beans, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. For the most part, it just seemed like beans and corn in a very murky, bland broth.
Mexican corn and bean chaat step by step
- Take blanched corns in a bowl.chop all the veggies and add in the bowl.
- Add boiled kidney beans and coriander leaves..
- Add lemon juice,mexican sspice mix, tomato sauce,salt and pepper to taste.
- Take canapes basket and fill it with a tbsp of filling. G arnish with Coriander leaves and nachos.
Maybe it needs a little salt? We were not very enthused about the leftovers at lunch the next day. Black beans, kidney beans, and cannellini beans combine with corn, bell pepper, and red onion in this easy and colorful salad. I topped mine with Greek yogurt, cheddar cheese, and avocado—delicious! To snag and instantly download you copy, just CLICK HERE!