California Farm Green Chili sauce: Sambal Ijo Goreng.
You can cook California Farm Green Chili sauce: Sambal Ijo Goreng using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of California Farm Green Chili sauce: Sambal Ijo Goreng
- It’s 2 pounds of hot green Jalapeno peppers, chopped.
- It’s of Elephant garlic bulb, crushed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of peanut oil.
- Prepare cup of rice vinegar.
- You need Tbs of fermented shrimp paste (trassi, available on amazon).
- You need Tbs of ground coriander.
- It’s of Cost.
- It’s of Peppers, home grown, garlic, home grown, peanut oil 13 cents, rice vinegar 50 cents, spices 20 cents, reuseable jars, 83 cents per pound jar.
California Farm Green Chili sauce: Sambal Ijo Goreng step by step
- Preheat heavy cast iron pan, add crushed garlic and shrimp paste in peanut oil, fry till brown, stir in chopped green chilies, fry gently on medium heat till chili juice has evaporated (half an hour). Scrape bottom occasionally..
- When juice has evaporated, add coriander and stir..
- Ladle hot chili sauce into jars, pour boiling hot rice vinegar on top, Close lid, cool. If lid seals when cold, keep in pantry; if not keep in fridge. Serve as a condiment with all meals you like to spice up. Try half a teaspoon on your fried egg for breakfast. Enjoy.