Sweet and Tart Chinese Cellophane Noodle Salad.
You can cook Sweet and Tart Chinese Cellophane Noodle Salad using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet and Tart Chinese Cellophane Noodle Salad
- You need 80 grams of Cellophane noodles (2 x 40 g packet).
- You need 3 slice of or 5 sticks Ham or imitation crab sticks.
- It’s 1 of Cucumber.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of ●Sesame oil (for the hot water).
- It’s 3 tbsp of each ▲Soy sauce, sugar, vinegar (※).
- Prepare 1 tsp of each ▲Chicken soup stock granules, sesame oil.
- Prepare of ★Spicy ingredients (optional, to taste).
- You need 1 of japanese mustard If you want to make the salad spicy.
- It’s 1 of ra-yu If you want to make it some of the portion spicy.
Sweet and Tart Chinese Cellophane Noodle Salad step by step
- I use mild vinegar but use less than listed if using normal vinegar..
- You can buy this kind of cellophane noodles anywhere. I used the one that contains 2 packs of 40 g glass noodles, and already cut short. I recommend it since it's easy to cook..
- Use a large pot as you will use it as a mixing bowl later. Boil the noodles as instructed on the packet, and turn off the heat. Add the ● sesame oil into the hot water..
- The noodle salad is delicious when freshly made. But if you chill it in the fridge, or if you make it in advance to store, the glass noodles absorb all the sauce and become dry. Adding a little sesame oil prevents this..
- Quickly stir the sesame oil in the hot water in the pot. Drain in a colander. Just doing this will prevent the noodles from absorbing too much sauce..
- Cool in cold water for about 5 minutes, and drain. It seems a bit of a waste to drain off the sesame oil in Step 5, but if you add the oil after you drain the noodles, they get tangled and it's hard to coat in the oil ..
- While you are boiling and draining the noodles, make a thin omelet and julienne. Julienne cucumber and ham as well..
- It's also delicious with crab sticks instead of ham. Don't sprinkle salt over the cucumber, just use as it is..
- Add all the flavoring ingredients in the pot that you boiled the noodles. Be careful with the amount of vinegar you use. Refer to Step 1..
- The noodles are lightly coated with sesame oil, so it's easy to mix them in the sauce. The ▲ sesame oil is for flavoring, so don't forget to add it ..
- Add all other ingredients, and toss well..
- If you want to make the whole salad spicy, add the mustard paste. Use as much as you like..
- The sweet and sour salad is ready! If you want to make it spicy individually on your plate, add 1 or 2 drops of ra-yu and toss..