Creamed Tuna over Southwestern Potato Cakes.
You can cook Creamed Tuna over Southwestern Potato Cakes using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamed Tuna over Southwestern Potato Cakes
- Prepare 1 Tsp. of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 Tsp. of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp. of Fresh dill, finely chopped or you can use dry dill.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp. of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp. of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 2-3 cans of small Tuna.
- It’s 2 of – Large Potatoes, boiled and mashed.
- Prepare 3 slices of Bacon, ctumbled.
- You need 1 of Large Egg.
- Prepare 2 c. of Whole or 2% Milk.
- It’s 1/2 c. of Frozen Peas.
- You need 1/4 c. of Baby Carrot, chopped.
- You need 1/4 c. of Onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 c. of Real unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/4 c. of Flour.
- It’s 1/4 c. of Shredded cheddar Cheese for garnishing.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of Red Bell Pepper, diced.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Green Bell Pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 Tsp. of Minced Garlic.
Creamed Tuna over Southwestern Potato Cakes step by step
- Wash potatoes and vegetables..
- Boil large potatoes for 25 – 30 minutes; Then completely cool down potatoes, this is important! Otherwise potatoes will fall apart when cooking them..
- Once potatoes are completely cooled down; peel and mash potatoes in a large bowl very well. Set aside..
- Chop and dice vegetables, then sauté onions, garlic and bell peppers for 3 minutes. Set aside. Seprately, sauté frozen peas and carrots for 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside..
- Cook up the bacon until crispy, put on paper towels, then crumble up and set aside..
- In a large sauce pan melt butter, then add Flour and seasonings, with wire whisk Stir until blended well, then add milk gradually as you are whisking until mixed very well. Stir continually until sauce is thickened. add more milk as needed..
- Once the sauce is done, add the sautéed peas, carrots, crumbled bacon and tuna, mix well. Set aside..
- Now, take the mashed potatoes and add sautéed onions, bell peppers, egg and salt & pepper to it and blend well enough to makes patties out of it..
- Make into 8 – 1/2 inch patties. Set aside..
- Use a Large skillet, add 2 Tbsps. butter let melt and sizzle, then add 4 patties and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove set aside and repeat it again with the other 4 patties..
- Once down cooking all the potato patties. Then reheat the sauce until desired temperature..
- On a plate you set two to three patties in a row, then slowly add 1/4 cup ofsauce on top of potatoes cakes. Garnish with shredded cheese. Enjoy!.