California Farm Crunchy Hazelnut Chocolate Spread.
You can cook California Farm Crunchy Hazelnut Chocolate Spread using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of California Farm Crunchy Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
- Prepare of shelled Oregon or California hazelnuts.
- You need of unsalted butter to make ghee.
- It’s of natural wildflower honey.
- It’s of organic 100% cacao powder, Better Body Foods, amazon.
- You need of sea salt that contains natural trace zinc mineral for preservation.
- It’s of Cost: $7.50 per jar chocolate hazelnut spread, $3.75 per pound.
California Farm Crunchy Hazelnut Chocolate Spread step by step
- Make crunchy hazelnut butter: roast one pound of shelled nuts in oven on baking tray at 350F degrees, 15 minutes, then rub between two towels till most of the bitter skin comes off. Pulse one pound of nuts in food processor till crunchy, with 1/2 tsp salt. Repeat with second pound..
- Make ghee: warm pound of unsalted butter slowly in pan, pour through sieve into 2 cup measuring cup with bottom spout, let water settle on bottom, pour off. Makes about 1 1/2 cups of ghee..
- Make deep dark chocolate spread: put cup of hazelnut butter in food processor, process till buttery and creamy. Add second cup, process till smooth. With blade running, drizzle 3/4 cup of warm ghee on top of hazelnut butter. Add 4Tbs cacao powder, pulse to prevent powder flying out, then run blade till mix is dark dark brown. With blade running, drizzle 1/2 cup warm honey into mix. Repeat with second pound of nuts. Done! Fill 2 quart jars. Makes 4 pounds. Seal and store in pantry. Enjoy!.