California Farm Avocado Shrimp Salad.
You can cook California Farm Avocado Shrimp Salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of California Farm Avocado Shrimp Salad
- It’s of large ripe Hass or Mexican avocados.
- It’s of fresh flash frozen Newport salad shrimp, cooked, peeled.
- Prepare of shallot, scallions or mild red onion.
- Prepare of pepper sauce.
- You need of fresh farm egg.
- It’s of safflower oil.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of mustard powder.
- It’s of lime juice.
- You need of rice vinegar.
- You need of salt, pinch of pepper.
- Prepare of “ planter pot to start avocado bushes from pits.
- You need of Cost.
- You need of Avocados, $1.50, newport shrimp 1 cup $2.50, home made mayo 20 cents, spices 20 cents, scallions 20 cents, other 10 cents, $1.15 per avocado.
California Farm Avocado Shrimp Salad step by step
- Rinse frozen shrimp under running water in sieve, drain. Mince shallot, mix with shrimp, few drops of lime juice, tsp pepper sauce. Mix well. Rest..
- Pulse egg, olive oil, mustard, pepper, salt, lime juice, rice vinegar in food processor eight seconds, then drizzle cup of safflower oil slowly while processor is running and mixture turns stiff like mayonnaise. Done. Put in cup jar, keeps fresh in fridge at least a month. Use two tablespoons of fresh mayonnaise to mix with shrimp and shallots. Taste. If too spicy, add spoon of mayonnaise..
- Cut avocados in half WITHOUT cutting into the pit, lift out with bamboo skewer, put shrimp mixture in avocado halves..
- Plant pits in windowsill planter filled half with potting soil, topped with peat moss. Keep moist till shrubs appears magically..