California Farm Cold Smoked Pork Ribs. Country Style Pork Ribs cooked in the Pit Boss vertical pellet smoker. Subscribe here for more great recipes. Most of the ribs I smoke are dry, meaning no barbeque sauce is applied during the cooking process.
A sweet recipe for smoked pork ribs. I usually use baby back ribs but have had great success with spare ribs as well. Smoking ribs can feel a bit complicated because of the frequent maintenance required. You can cook California Farm Cold Smoked Pork Ribs using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of California Farm Cold Smoked Pork Ribs
- It’s of a slab of pork ribs, that is six ribs, pound and half of meat (625 grams).
- You need of homemade BBQ rub, see recipe below.
- It’s of Tbs each:.
- Prepare of heated honey.
- You need of cooking sherry.
- Prepare of sesame oil.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- It’s of ginger.
- It’s of garlic.
- It’s of Fire starter can of mesquite charcoal.
- It’s of coffee can of soaked oak wood pieces.
- Prepare of Fire proof glass or metal measuring cup with 2 cups of water to make steam.
- Prepare of Cost.
- Prepare of To barbecue, i use a pound of mesquite charcoal, soak half of it in water if i want a long slow fire: 40 cents.
- Prepare of Ribs, $2.50.
- Prepare of Meat rub, 50 cents. Serve with cucumber, 70 cents, beans, 20 cents, tomato/onion 40 cents, $2.15 per dinner.
Has anyone ever cold smoked pork ribs then freeze for later cooking? I'm thinking it would work for sure if there are cured (like bacon). I would see no reason why they could not be cold smoked. I have cured pork ribs and then smoke cooked them and they were good. ⋅ r/smoking.
California Farm Cold Smoked Pork Ribs step by step
- Start mesquite charcoal in fire starter can, fifteen minutes, tip burning coals on lower fire grid to one side. Put top grill on, set glass jar on top next to the coals to make steam. Keep soaked wood ready to be added later. Turn BBQ vents down, lid on, so the BBQ is handwarm, not hot. Then add pork ribs covered with BBQ rub on the grill, meaty side up, away from the fire. Cook and smoke four hours on low fire..
- How to make the BBQ smoke rub: 1 tablespoon of each: paprika, coriander, cinnamom, thyme, crushed bayleaf, allspice, crushed cloves, onion powder. Mix well, keep in air tight container. Now add one tablespoon each of BBQ smoke rub, garlic, ginger, and lemon juice, heated honey, sesame oil, cooking sherry. Mix well. Bring slab of pork ribs to room temperature, dry the meat with towel. Brush on both sides of the pork slab with the mix. Let sit half an hour at room temperature..
- The slow burning Mesquite fire is on the right, lay pork rib slab with meaty side up on the left, glass measuring cup with water in between, smoke in mesquite smoke and simmer four hours. After four hours, add soaked oak wood on top of the grill over the coals, leave vents as before, smoke meat one hour. The ribs are ready when the tips of the rib bones poke through the meat. Close BBQ, reuse left over coals. Serve ribs warm. Enjoy..
- Hint: the bones keep their splinters in our dogs stomach, so I put them in the garden doggy outhouse privy, a covered digestive septic system with enzymes, safe from rats and wildlife, till dissolved..
Smoked Beef Rib & Pork and Brisket Sausage. ⋅ r/food. Smoked pork shoulder and smoked beef ribs. Return ribs to the grill and cook for an. Make these Smoked Ribs and you will become known for smoking ribs. Glazed sticky on the outside with fall-apart tender meat on the inside – these are the smoked ribs dreams are made of.