Johnny Cakes, Fried.
You can cook Johnny Cakes, Fried using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Johnny Cakes, Fried
- You need 2 cup of buttermilk cornbread mix.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plus 2-1/2 tablespoons sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- It’s 3 of medium eggs.
- You need As needed of oil to fry in.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
Johnny Cakes, Fried instructions
- Heat a skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil..
- Mix the spices, sugar, flour, cornbread mix, and baking soda..
- Mix well and add the eggs, milk, and oil. Mix well and let sit till bubbles appears..
- Then fry in hot oil. Just use a tablespoon at a time. Make about the size of your palm. I used about a dessert spoonful to measure from..
- Turn as needed. Fry till done..
- Move to paper towels to absorb excessive amounts of oil..
- Thank you Chopper39 for letting me know I forgot to list sugar on the ingredients list!!!!! I appreciate it very much so!!!.