California Farm Tacos from scratch.
You can cook California Farm Tacos from scratch using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of California Farm Tacos from scratch
- Prepare of masa corn flour, Tbs vegetable oil.
- You need of ground beef.
- Prepare of dry black beans, clove of garlic.
- You need of chopped jalapeno peppers, fresh or pickled.
- It’s of grated cheese, we grate aged Tillamook white cheddar.
- Prepare of chopped tomato.
- You need of chopped green onion.
- Prepare of chopped red onion.
- Prepare of chopped nappa cabbage or romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce.
- It’s of fresh thick greek yoghurt.
- Prepare of hot sauce, tsp coriander, (optional) 1/4 cup pico de gallo sauce.
- It’s of Tools:.
- It’s of Tortilla press.
- It’s of freezer bag, top removed, sides cut open.
- You need of Cost.
- It’s of ground beef $2, black beans 10 cents, garlic 10 cents, 1/2 cup peppers 20 cents, 1/2 cup grated cheese $1.50, tomato, onion, cabbage, 30 cents, greek home made yoghurt 10 cents.
- It’s of tortillas 20 cents, spices, oil 10 cents, total $4.60 for 4 tortilla dinners, $1.15 each.
California Farm Tacos from scratch step by step
- Put 1/2 cup dry black beans in pan, cover in 2 cups of water, add tsp coriander, clove of garlic, stir well, bring to boil, lid on pan, simmer one hour, remove garlic clove. Keep warm in oven..
- Tortillas: mix 1/2 cup masa flour with 1/2 cup of boiling water, stir well, cool, press into ball, divide into three or four balls, set aside..
- Make plastic freezer bag cover for inside your tortilla press, reuse after each use. Cut off top, open sides, leave bottom. Tortillas will not stick, or break..
- Heat skillet to medium, add tablespoon vegetable oil (we use grapeseed), press tortilla, open plastic cover, flip into your hand, peel back plastic, put into skillet, fry till bubbly, turn, fry flat for tostada, fold and fry for taco shell. Keep in warm oven..
- Mix half pound ground beef with half cup chopped red onions, tsp of hot sauce, simmer in skillet till onions have glazed. Keep in warm oven.
- Compose your tortilla dinner: warm tortilla, 4 Tbs warm beef on top, tsp grated cheese on top to melt, Tbs warm black beans on top, 4 tsp chopped jalapeno pepper on top, next:.
- Next, Tbs shredded cabbage, then Tbs tomatoes op top, then 2 tsp chopped green onions, then (optionally) 2 tsp pico de gallo sauce, then Tbs homemade greek yoghurt. Enjoy!.