California Farm Slivovitz plum brandy.
You can have California Farm Slivovitz plum brandy using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of California Farm Slivovitz plum brandy
- It’s of fresh, ripe, unwashed Santa Rosa plums.
- It’s of Zest of two fresh Meyer lemons.
- Prepare of Cinnamon.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of cane sugar.
- You need of 120 proof grain alcohol.
- It’s of Tools needed.
- You need of (liter) wide mouth mason jar lid and cap, sterilized.
- Prepare of Kitchen peeler knife.
- It’s of Zesting plane.
- Prepare of Cost.
- Prepare of Zest $3, cinnamon sticks $1.60 plums, free homegrown or $6, grain alcohol $12, sugar $1.20, total $17.80 to $23.80, $8.90 per quart to $11.90.
California Farm Slivovitz plum brandy instructions
- Soak two fresh Meyer lemons in cold water overnight, dry and zest. Or, zest Meyer lemons in January, cover in 120 proof grain alcohol till needed..
- Pick or buy two lbs. of ripe, clean, unblemished Santa Rosa plums. DO NOT WASH. Sugar coats the skin, alcohol will sterilize any thing on the outside..
- Remove pits, quarter plums..
- Boil 2 cups of sugar in 2 cups of water, cool, pour over plums in two quart (liter) sterilized mason jars. Top with grain alcohol. Put cinnamon stick on top. Store upside down in dark closet. Turn every week to steep cinnamon in liqueur. Taste every month, remove cinnamon stick when desired strength has been reached. Enjoy!.