Midwest Corned Beef & Egg Hash on Rye.
You can cook Midwest Corned Beef & Egg Hash on Rye using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Midwest Corned Beef & Egg Hash on Rye
- Prepare of corned beef.
- It’s of shredded swiss cheese.
- It’s of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of shredded smoked gouda cheese.
- Prepare of heaping T clarified butter.
- It’s of shredded Russet potato.
- You need of small yellow onion; medium dice.
- Prepare of sweet corn.
- Prepare of fresh rosemary; minced.
- You need of red bell pepper; medium dice.
- Prepare of garlic; minced.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of sour cream.
- It’s of milk.
- You need of rye bread; toasted.
- You need of kosher salt & black pepper;.
Midwest Corned Beef & Egg Hash on Rye instructions
- Heat a large saute pan. Add 1 heaping T of clarified butter. Alternatively, use a flat top griddle..
- Squeeze all water out of shredded potatoes. Place in a mixing bowl. Add onion, bell pepper, rosemary, and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Mix to combine..
- Add potato mixture to pan. Spread out as much as possible to increase surface area and therefore decrease cooking time. Cook over medium-high heat for approximately 3-4 minutes, or until one side of potatoes are golden brown and crispy. Add more butter or decrease heat if necessary..
- Flip potatoes. Add another heaping T of clarified butter. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until potatoes are almost caramelized. Using the side of metal spatula, cut the potatoes in the pan..
- Add corned beef and saute 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add garlic and corn during last 30 seconds. Add more clarified butter if necessary..
- Whisk eggs, sour cream, and milk together until smooth. Add a pinch of salt and pepper..
- Spread potato mixture out in pan. Pour eggs atop. Sprinkle cheeses..
- Bake at 375° for approximately 8 minutes or until eggs are no longer liquid..
- Assemble sandwich. Serve..
- Variations; Parsley, sage, coriander, roasted poblano/garlic/tomatoes, cucumber, white pepper, mustard, mushrooms, sauerkraut, caramelized onions, caraway, carrots, smoked-corned beef, shallots, jalapeños, habanero, celery, bacon, ham, celery seed, fennel, fennel seed, beef stock, demi glace, grilled corn, gruyere, spinach, arugula, parmesean, romano, paprika, smoked paprika, applewood seasoning, dried ranch seasoning, pork belly, roasted bell peppers, vinegar, avocado, chives, scallions, ginger, honey, thyme, basil, oregano, zucchini, asparagus, mint, tamarind, maple, lemon zest, sourdough, foccacia, roasted garlic baguette, onion roll, Italian loaves, aioli, fried eggs, pancetta, prosciutto, apple cider, curry powder, apple cider vinegar, peppercorn melange,.