California Farm Rose Water Ice Cream.
You can cook California Farm Rose Water Ice Cream using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of California Farm Rose Water Ice Cream
- You need of For the rose water:.
- You need of Dutch oven pan, bottom full of dead headed dried rose petals, or fresh petals.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of Few handfulls of icecubes.
- It’s of For the ice cream:.
- It’s of heavy cream powder, Hoosier Farm (amazon), or pint of fresh heavy whipping cream.
- You need of rose water.
- Prepare of Beaten egg white, stiff.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of Cost.
- Prepare of whipping cream is around $3, makes two pints of icecream, 4 cups, 75 cents per cup.
California Farm Rose Water Ice Cream step by step
- Collect dried rose petals from deadheading roses in midsummer, or fresh rose petals in early spring or late fall. Sprinkle rose petals on bottom of pan. Put glass bowl inside dutch oven on top of petals. Add two cups water between glass bowl and pan. Bring to boil..
- Put lid of dutch oven UPSIDE DOWN on pan, so steam from distilling drips into glass bowl inside pan. Fill lid with ice cubes.After about ten minutes, ice cubes will have melted, water inside pan has turned to steam and dripped down into bowl. Makes about a cup and a half of rose water. Cool, taste, set aside in freezer..
- Mix 1 1/2 cups heavy cream powder in cooled rosewater, or pour 1 1/2 cup rosewater in pint of heavy whipping cream. Pour in wide mouth mason jar. Add 1/4 cup sugar, beaten egg white, sprinkle pinch of salt over the cream to speed up freezing process. Put lid on, cool in freezer, shake, repeat, shake, shake till solid. Soft serve, about 4 hours, or overnight for hard ice cream. Enjoy!.