Spaghetti-No's (Homemade Spaghetti-O's).
You can cook Spaghetti-No's (Homemade Spaghetti-O's) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti-No's (Homemade Spaghetti-O's)
- You need 1 cup of Ditalini pasta.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can low sodium tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 tbs of milk.
- You need 1-2 tbs of raw sugar (honey, agave, stevia all work well too).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 slices of deli style American cheese-torn into pieces.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
Spaghetti-No's (Homemade Spaghetti-O's) step by step
- Fill a pot with 6 cups water. Bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to time on package, stirring occasionally. Be sure to salt your water..
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan combine all remaining ingredients except for butter and cheese (start with 1 tbs of sugar). Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally..
- Continue to simmer 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in butter until melted and fully incorporated. Turn off heat. Stir in cheese a few pieces at a time until fully melted..
- When pasta is done drain well and add to sauce. Stir gently to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Cover. Let sit 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- Note 1: I used Ditalini because it was the closest shaped pasta I could find at my local grocery store, but there is another type called Analletti that is the exact Spaghetti-O's shape if you can find those and want to have a more exact replication..
- Note 2: If you are using a sweetener other than raw sugar you will most likely need to adjust the amounts accordingly. I would start with about 2 tsp of any other sweetener then adjust from there..