Filipino Food Series: Batangas Pancit Lomi or Lomi (Noodles).
You can have Filipino Food Series: Batangas Pancit Lomi or Lomi (Noodles) using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Filipino Food Series: Batangas Pancit Lomi or Lomi (Noodles)
- Prepare 1/2 Kg of Miki Noodles (Basically egg noodles).
- You need 2 of medium size shallots.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 8 cups of pork broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of cassava starch (others use flour, but I personally like the thickness texture of cassava starch).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/4 of fried Kikiam.
- It’s 1/4-10 pcs of chicken balls.
- It’s 1/4 kg of pork liver (marinated in soy sauce and lemon or calamansi).
- You need 1/4 kg of pork belly cut into thin strips deep fried (pork rind).
- Prepare 1/4 of cabbage washed and chopped.
- Prepare 2 of eggs hard boiled.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil.
- You need of Spring onions.
Filipino Food Series: Batangas Pancit Lomi or Lomi (Noodles) instructions
- Fry all toppings first, pork belly, kikiam, chicken balls separately. Half cook the marinated liver..
- Sauté in oil the garlic, shallots pepper, soy sauce and fish sauce until shallots are soft..
- Add the pork broth and let it simmer for 3 minutes then add the egg noodles. Stir and let it simmer for another 3 minutes or until the egg noodles is cooked..
- Mix the cassava starch and then pour it gently to the broth while stirring continuously to avoid it getting lumpy..
- Add egg, salt and then stir gently. Transfer it into a bowl and add generous toppings, kikiam, chicken balls, hardboiled egg, cabbage, liver, pork rind and spring onions..
- Best paired with soy sauce with onions, calamansi and chilli!.