California Farm Fresh Egg Rolls from Scratch.
You can have California Farm Fresh Egg Rolls from Scratch using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of California Farm Fresh Egg Rolls from Scratch
- Prepare of To make Egg wrappers.
- You need of fresh farm eggs.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- You need of cornstarch.
- You need of sesame oil to prep cast iron pan.
- Prepare of To make Egg roll filling.
- You need of tofu, chicken, ham, pork, fish, your choice, slivered.
- It’s of bamboo shoot or eggplant.
- You need of slivered carrot.
- You need of bean sprouts.
- You need of shallots or mild red onion, or leeks.
- It’s of cabbage, or bok choy, or garden greens.
- Prepare of egg omelette, slivered.
- It’s of sesame oil.
- It’s of soy sauce with tsp palm sugar.
- It’s of red pepper.
- You need of pressed garlic, teaspoon slivered fresh ginger.
- It’s of To grow Bean sprouts on the kitchen counter.
- You need of dry mung beans.
- Prepare of and a half liter of cold water.
California Farm Fresh Egg Rolls from Scratch instructions
- Beat eggs, add flour, cornstarch and salt. Keep stirring, add water till thin as milk and no more lumps..
- Let stand ten minutes, heat 9 inch cast iron frying pan on low. Add drop of oil. Pour half a cup of mixture or less, swirl till bottom is covered. Fry five minutes.Do not flip over. Makes six wrappers, dinner plate size..
- Feel center of egg wrapper, center must feel dry, edges should curl. Ready. Lift onto plate. Let cool..
- Sliver all ingredients uniformly, no longer than 4 inches, left to right: beansprouts, green pepper, red onion, carrot, nappa cabbage, bamboo shoots, ginger root..
- Stir fry all ingredients in wok, with oil, soy sauce, spices till onions are glazed.
- Let filling cool. Add slivered omelet and slivered precooked chicken..
- Put two heaping tablespoons of filling in center, fold sides like closing doors..
- Fold top and bottom and rub some cornstarch or beaten egg white on wrapper to stick, once sealed, lay down with folds down.
- Heat peanut oil in wok to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, 177 celcius, submerge one egg roll with folds down on spatula, keep spatula under eggroll in hot oil till eggroll floats. Fry till golden and crisp. About five minutes at medium heat. Serve, enjoy!.
- Sprouting beans!.
- Only one tablespoon of mung beans in 1.5 liter jar cold water, perforated top, wait till beans have doubled in size, about two days. Hulls will have separated, rinse well, discard hulls, drain. Rinse and drain daily. Keep jar on counter away from sunlight, perforated top on to keep clean..
- After six or seven days, harvest, rinse. Makes 100 grams..